Hello! We are online right now 12:31:27

The support team is online and will be able to answer your inquiries. Please stay calm, follow the rules and do not cross post. We'll attend to you as soon as we can.

Official support hours are from 8:30AM — 5:00PM Monday to Saturday (GMT +7)

Updates: Release JLex Lookup v1.4.1 🥳

Jlex Attachments

IIS Spagna-Campani
Hi, is it possible to sort attachment listing inside article?
Many thanks.

Danilo 

48 replies

Screenshot fo Article 
error2.jpg 162.7 K
err3.jpg 161.92 K
@IIS Spagna-Campani is wrote at 2023-07-31 12:53:52
Where is helpdesk link for Attachments support? On left side menù I can't find it. So I ask here... 1) Just installed, plugin enabled and configured, registered 1 domain (Why can't I modify it?!), attachments are not shown in article. I put {attachment:all} into a custom field (my template use joomla main content as subtitle and a custom field as content of article) but it just shows the plug-in placeholder. 2) How can I replace attached file without delete and re-create  entire attachment and loosing description and renaming? Many thanks
Ladislav
thank you. is there any attachment mass import tool to migrate to Jlex Attachments ? 
for example CSV with filenames, path to file, description, (clicks) and files on disk?
@JLexArt is wrote at 2023-07-31 12:11:07
Hello, The filename will be encrypted and stored in a folder (1 folder). The real name of the file will be saved in the database. So files with duplicate names are still saved in the same folder ;). Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
Hi,
Found the problem:
{attachment:all} is not checked inside custom field. I absolutely need to show attachment inside a custom field altough the extension is completely useless!
Another very important thing: when the attachment link is clicked, it must be opened inside browser (or dedicated system app), if mime type permits to do that, like a PDF or MP4 and not saved locally. Best to have the possibility to configure it per attachment or globally or both. The great part of attachments is PDF document and it is very unusefull to save them instead of open in browser/dedicatet system app.
Regards.
@IIS Spagna-Campani is wrote at 2023-07-31 13:12:29
Screenshot fo Article 
JLexArt
Hi,

{attachment:all} is not checked inside custom field. I absolutely need to show attachment inside a custom field altough the extension is completely useless!

This extension is a content plugin (not a field plugin) so you cannot place the structure to field content. Of course, by using some script, you can change the attachment's position.

Another very important thing: when the attachment link is clicked, it must be opened inside browser (or dedicated system app), if mime type permits to do that, like a PDF or MP4 and not saved locally. Best to have the possibility to configure it per attachment or globally or both. The great part of attachments is PDF document and it is very unusefull to save them instead of open in browser/dedicatet system app.

Yes, it should have. I will add this option in the next release.

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@IIS Spagna-Campani is wrote at 2023-07-31 15:00:44
Hi, Found the [b]problem[/b]: {attachment:all} is not checked inside custom field. I [u]absolutely[/u] need to show attachment inside a custom field altough the extension is completely useless! Another very important thing: when the attachment link is clicked, it must be [u]opened inside browser[/u] (or dedicated system app), if mime type permits to do that, like a PDF or MP4 and not saved locally. Best to have the possibility to configure it per attachment or globally or both. The great part of attachments is PDF document and it is very unusefull to save them instead of open in browser/dedicatet system app. Regards.
JLexArt
Unfortunately, it not support yet :(.

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@Ladislav is wrote at 2023-07-31 13:51:59
thank you. is there any attachment mass import tool to migrate to Jlex Attachments ?  for example CSV with filenames, path to file, description, (clicks) and files on disk?
Thank you for the explainment but I'have just purchased this extension for this purpose and it'is unusable! No reference about this limitation is reported on site. So, what can you do to solve this problem? ...and what can I do in the mean time to temporaly/definitely solve? What do you mean with "Of course, by using some script, you can change the attachment's position"? I'm a programmer but I need some input about this.
Many thanks.
Danilo
@JLexArt is wrote at 2023-08-01 12:02:51
Hi, [quote]{attachment:all} is not checked inside custom field. I absolutely need to show attachment inside a custom field altough the extension is completely useless![/quote] This extension is a content plugin (not a field plugin) so you cannot place the structure to field content. Of course, by using some script, you can change the attachment's position. [quote]Another very important thing: when the attachment link is clicked, it must be opened inside browser (or dedicated system app), if mime type permits to do that, like a PDF or MP4 and not saved locally. Best to have the possibility to configure it per attachment or globally or both. The great part of attachments is PDF document and it is very unusefull to save them instead of open in browser/dedicatet system app.[/quote] Yes, it should have. I will add this option in the next release. Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
JLexArt
Hi,
I just released v1.1.3, please update it: https://www.jlexart.com/changelog/jlex-attachments

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@IIS Spagna-Campani is wrote at 2023-08-01 12:26:10
Thank you for the explainment but I'have just purchased this extension for this purpose and it'is unusable! No reference about this limitation is reported on site. So, what can you do to solve this problem? ...and what can I do in the mean time to temporaly/definitely solve? What do you mean with "Of course, by using some script, you can change the attachment's position"? I'm a programmer but I need some input about this. Many thanks. Danilo
Many thanks for the upgrade!
- Opening pdf attachments in browser is now working (what about new tab/window option?)
- Showing attachments inside custom field still try to show inside article content. I putted {attachments:all} inside an editor field: now shortcode is removed on article display but attachments are not showed.
Am I doing something wrong?
Regards.
Danilo
@JLexArt is wrote at 2023-08-02 03:45:19
Hi, I just released v1.1.3, please update it: https://www.jlexart.com/changelog/jlex-attachments Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
JLexArt
Can you give me your site access, Danilo? Update site info at here: https://www.jlexart.com/downloads

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@IIS Spagna-Campani is wrote at 2023-08-02 07:20:59
Many thanks for the upgrade! - Opening pdf attachments in browser is now working (what about new tab/window option?) - Showing attachments inside custom field still try to show inside article content. I putted {attachments:all} inside an editor field: now shortcode is removed on article display but attachments are not showed. Am I doing something wrong? Regards. Danilo
Just done.
The site is under development. 
You can test article "Notizia quattro". 
The article must have category "Notizie". Then select tab "Notizie" ans insert something into custom field "Descrizione notizia"
With this category, displaying article content has formatting removed so you can see text part of attachment div displayed unformatted inside article content that is treathed as subtitle.

IMPORTANT: attachments must not be rendered into article content if they are present inside any custom field, obviously, unless I put also there the shortcode
Regards
Danilo
@JLexArt is wrote at 2023-08-03 04:19:17
Can you give me your site access, Danilo? Update site info at here: https://www.jlexart.com/downloads Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
Reply to

Sign in to your account

Use your social accounts to sign in